Mangaboo (Protagonist?)


Here is one of the characters for that Chess inspired GRID game. Most of my characters are original creations. Her sprite came out very pretty - I am very happy. It's adorable!!! And that's quite rare for me. And if anyone wonders where I got the name no it was not inspired by "Weeaboo" it was inspired by the Mangaboos in the Wizard of Oz. Manga being the name for a Japanese comic strip. Manga + Boo makes a really cute name. If anyone tries to steal it remember I did it first. The Wizard of Oz? It was Manga + Boos. So I more or less removed the "s" and I found a protagonist. I have no idea what personality I'll give her. I was hoping sweet or typical anime girl. Her outfit design was inspired by those 60s space costumes. Then again the Chess-like game will only feature "female" characters a few males but the majority will be female. And no I am not sexist I just stick to what I know best. 


The idea came from Moekuri: Adorable + Tactical SRPG a game I brought. I thought to myself I can make a game just like it. The characters remind me of Paper Mario and don't move. And I thought to myself that I want to make something similar. But my first plan went upside down due to the engine not working as I'd thought it would. I won't give up I'll keep trying until I get to where I need to go. I'll try as many engines as possible and see if I can accomplish something. You see with my other idea it's simple and basic and I know the RPG engine off by heart but for some reason that RPG engine cannot handle larger sprites which makes my idea not come to light.

Popular posts from this blog

Torn Between (2017)

"Oh, My Dear!"

OMD (Sample)

2D Pixel Animated Scene (Lost Transparency)

SWF to Mp4 (Solved)

Mangaboo-bye!

Logo Sequence

2D Pixel World

Torn Between (2017) 2D Animation Audio Lip-Sync

Torn Between Update: (11/08/2017)